Would you like to find out what those-in-the-know have to say about Acne? The information in the article below comes straight from well-informed experts with special knowledge about Acne.
Here are some tips that have helped hundreds of people suffering from acne. Hopefully, these will help you too:
1. Water is Best
Water is by far the most effective treatment for acne. The main support for this claim is the fact that water is alkaline (pH 7.3) and can be considered as a natural treatment or an almost free acne treatment. Thus, it is best that you drink at least eight glasses of water per day (10 to 12 is better). This will help your body in getting rid of oil, waste and toxins, and water even helps to moisten your skin as it keeps your pores from clogging. Perhaps what is most important is that, water helps to relieve stress and relax your body in the end, so you can have a better sleep. Note that water and sleep are factors that help reduce stress. Along with this, try to lessen your coffees, sodas, teas and alcohols intake as much as possible. The reason behind this is that they are partial diuretics that they drive more water out of the cells of the body than they put in.
2. Avoid Astringents
If your goal is to have a beautiful skin, then you should try to avoid astringent natural soaps and any astringent agents that shrink your skin's pores, such as oatmeal, witch hazel, very cold water and rubbing alcohol. It was found out actually that when your skin pores shrink, more oils are clogged in the pores of the skin, causing the onset of acne.
3. Avoid Stimulants
Coffee, tea, cigarettes, as well as excessive sugar from sweets and soda should be avoided. It is often said that anything potential for affecting the entire body, brain and nervous system can easily stimulate the sebaceous glands to release more oil. This oil has to leave the body through the pores, worsening your acne in the end. Stimulants even trigger stress.
4. Watch Your Diet
Note that diet affects acne. So be careful with what you eat. As much as possible, try to eat foods that are low in fat, as fats produce more oils in the body that are capable of producing acne.
5. Avoid Alcohol
A number of people think that alcohol is one of the best ways to relax and relieve stress. Well, alcohol may do this, but studies have found out that alcohol causes the formation of acne. It is considered capable for producing acne knowing that it is an astringent, thus it shrinks the skin pores, making them more prone to clogging. Aside from that, alcohol inhibits sleep, therefore causing more fatigue and stress, leading to worse acne.
6. Hot and Very Cold Count
When considering baths, you should avoid hot and very cold water on areas of the skin affected by acne. Use warm water instead; perhaps well below 98.5 degrees on your skin.
Useful Information, Tips and Tricks - Posted by : andrea suyoko 12:39 AM- Label: acne, information, skin-care, tips -
Doctors are extremely busy people that are often overworked, underpaid and sometimes harassed by patients that have little to complain about. However I believe they genuinely want to help their patients, and will take your acne condition seriously. There are a number of simple steps you can take to ensure you maximise the chance of getting the right help from your doctor in treating your acne
1. A key skill in getting the best out of any situation is clear communication. Your doctor can only act on the information you give him about your condition. Not providing the ‘full story’ is the primary reason for misdiagnosis or a lack of urgent attention. Make sure you tell your doctor, how long you’ve had the acne, what treatments you’ve tried, where does the acne occur and is it worsened by reaction to stress of sunlight.
2. Ask questions about any aspect of your acne that you want to clarify. A good tip is to write down the questions you want to ask, before you speak to your doctor, to ensure you cover everything. Don't feel embarrassed by asking certain questions, remember there are 'no dumb questions'
3. Understand that there are no miracle cures for acne, and that you may have to try a number of different treatments before you find one, which is effective, against your particular type.
4. Make sure you mention the emotional side of how your acne makes you feel, if this is of particular concern to you. This is a vital area that is often overlooked, and is clearly important particularly if your acne is resulting in depression, or resulting in a reduction in your social interactions with others.
5. If your doctor prescribes any medication, make sure you fully understand
1) how to apply the treatment,
2)how long will it be before you see any improvement,
3)any side-effects that you may experience,
4)when do you need to return for a follow up, and
5)how long the treatment will last. These key questions will ensure you are fully informed about the treatment programme you are embarking on.
Remember your doctor is there to help you overcome both the physical and emotional side of acne. If you don’t feel you can easily approach your doctor, find an alternative medical professional, such as a dermatologist. What ever you decide to do, ensure you seek help, and don’t let acne get the better of you.
Useful Information, Tips and Tricks - Posted by : andrea suyoko 12:36 AM- Label: acne, information, skin-care, tips -
Here are 5 tips to help with acne prevention and treatment and skin maintenance. They are listed in no particular order of importance.
1. Get plenty of fresh air and sunshine for vitamin D, ingredients for healthy skin. Not only will your skin appreciate the vitamin D, your body and mind will enjoy the oxygen and stress reducer of a daily jaunt outdoors. But don't overdo it and get a sunburn! Remember to use sun protection / tanning lotions if you'll be out long. You don't want to get caught up in that cycle of burned, dead skin cells blocking pores, resulting in acne scenario.
2. Remember, even "good" stress can trigger internal chemical responses that result in acne, too. So plan ahead to deal with extra stress when planning a wedding, graduation, a move, a new job, a job transfer, a new baby, etc. Journal a little extra, focusing on the upcoming issue or issues and plan in some extra rest (use relaxation or meditation tools - cassettes, workshops, etc.) Get help around the house, take time off, exercise (yoga and T'ai Chi are highly recommended), have fun or whatever you need to do.
3. Drink an adequate amount of water daily. Many recommend three to four tall glasses and mineral or filtered water. Too little water can lead to dehydration, which can lead to dead skin cells not naturally falling off or sloughing properly; the end result can be blocked pores, acne.
4. Acne has nothing to do with dirt. Period. So don't over-wash or over-scrub your face or the rest of your body. Keep in mind that too much can result in dry skin. And dry skin means your body will jump in and create more oil. Then what? Extra oil + extra dead skin cells = blocked pores, triggering acne flare-ups. Same old story.
5. - Add more fruits, veggies, seeds and nuts to your regular diet. (Note that deficiencies if selenium and zinc, found in Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds, have been associated with acne.) So add salads, dried fruit and nut snacks, juices and other healthy treats to your daily planning.
This report includes information based upon research about acne. It strives to help clear up myths from facts and present an overview of the issues surrounding acne along with possible solutions available to help with the prevention and treatment of acne, all based upon the most recent studies, reports, articles and findings available, so that you can learn more acne health care.
Useful Information, Tips and Tricks - Posted by : andrea suyoko 12:34 AM- Label: acne, information, skin-care, tips -
There are many different causes for acne. The complication is not in knowing why acne occurs, it is identifying the ultimate cause for each person that has it and then figuring out the appropriate treatment for the condition. There is some good news in light of all of this. That is that there are some basic acne treatments that everyone can experiment with when it comes to getting rid of acne. Here, I will share with you the most common 5 tips on getting rid of acne.
One of the first ways that you can be successful in getting rid of acne is to engage in a diet that benefits the skin, as well as your health in general. Organic foods have recently started to gain in popularity and for a very good reason. These particular foods are not processed. Furthermore, when these foods are cultivated, harmful chemicals that can prove to be toxic to your overall health, as well as the health of your skin are not used.
Examples of these toxins include herbicides, pesticides, and similar items. If you want to recover from acne, you should ensure to eat plenty of foods that are labeled Organic. Naturally, consuming a lot of foods that are green and leafy in the vegetable category is appropriate. Furthermore, fruits and nuts are also beneficial. It is also important to consume items that contain a fair amount of water.
The second way that you can get rid of acne is by ensuring that you consume ten to twelve glasses of water a day. Each of these glasses should be at least eight ounces. I know this seems like quite a bit of water, but it is a key element when it comes to purifying the body on the whole. The more water that moves through your body, the more clean and pure the inside of the body will be.
When this happens, that purification will actually spread to the outside, or the skin. This means that when impurities invade the pores of the skin, it is highly likely that the water that you have consumed will play a vital role in quickly eliminating this obstruction. As a result, you will experience fewer blemishes.
Did you know that by increasing the amount of vitamins that you ingest, you can reduce the possibility of an acne outbreak? This is the next way that you can work on getting rid of acne. All you have to do is focus on eating foods that have high levels of vitamins A, B12, B, E, B5, & B6. If you find that it is difficult sorting through the ingredients on everything that you eat or drink in order to maximize your exposure to these vitamins, you can purchase supplements.
Many elect to simply take a multivitamin every single day. Then, there are some that purchase each of these vitamins and then rotate days on taking them. However, you decide to do it, it is important to just do it! You are sure to see immediate results when it comes to how clean and healthy your skin is!
When it comes to getting rid of acne, many individuals are turning towards natural herbs. There are a number of herbs that have been found to assist in acne complications. Red Clover is an especially popular herb because of the fact that it works to purify the blood and remove toxins from the body. Then, you have other herbal remedies such as Dandelion Root, and Alfalfa. There are even Chinese Herbs like Yang Ming and Lung Heat that can prove to be beneficial.
If you have a severe case of acne, and nothing else that you have tried is successful when getting rid of it, you should consider setting up an appointment with a dermatologist. These professionals will work closely with you to determine your triggers, skin type, and what will be the best treatment option for you as an individual.
Acne is a complex skin condition that has plagued millions and millions of people all throughout history. There are many different ways that you can approach this situation. While not all are successful for everyone, there are a few out there that can help you optimize the health of your skin. Here, you have been introduced to 5 tips on getting rid of acne give them a try!
Useful Information, Tips and Tricks - Posted by : andrea suyoko 10:48 PM- Label: acne, information, skin-care, tips -
By now, almost everybody has seen the late night and early morning acne infomercials with Jessica Simpson and Sean "Diddy" Combs. I guess they figure, if a celebrity trusts something, then so should you. The promises made for the product sound surreal, and yet for many people it may be just the cure they're looking for. Even so, it may not be for everybody.
One of my daughters who had acquired a bad case of acne in recent years, tried the infomercial solution, and it didn't work on her at all. Being a young teenager, she was beset by acne breakouts and needed a solution fast. But unable to find a quick solution, we ended up going to the local dermatologist for acne information and answers. The doctor gave her a prescription for a cream and an oral medication. After following his instructions for a couple weeks, her acne had virtually departed. This was the right solution for her, but it may not be for you - because we're all different.
Here are some general tips that I've discovered over the years:
If you have oily skin - it's best to take a medicated acne product or one in gel form.
If you have dry skin - you'll probably do better with the acne cream form and medicated products with benzoyl peroxide or salycic acid.
If you have both oily AND dry skin (combined type) - you will probably need a combination of oily skin gels and dry skin acne creams to apply to different parts of your fact according to the skin condition there.
If you have sensitive skin - you will more than likely need less intense concentrations of either dry, oily, or combined-type treatments.
If you have skin pain because of acne - you should get personal attention from a dermatologist.
So many people struggle with skin afflictions on a regular basis. With the advances in science, you'd think that the acne problem would have been solved long ago and that acne would be a pale memory. Unfortunately the age-old confidence destroyer is still around and going strong.
Today, reaching middle age, I find myself in a new situation when it comes to unsightly blemishes. Now I find that my skin tends to be a bit oily and I have acne breakouts after moisturizing my face. One of the few things I look forward to as I get older is the absence of acne.
Useful Information, Tips and Tricks - Posted by : andrea suyoko 10:47 PM- Label: acne, information, skin-care, tips -
1 Know What You Buy
When it comes to acne treatment product most people just simply buying based on advertising they watch. Each people is different as well as skin, so before you buy acne treatment product make sure you know anything about your skin.
2. Acne Demand Great Deal of Patience
“You want to get rid from acne right away? Then buy this ABC product.” Saw something familiar? How many times you’d been enticed by those kind of ads, and I can guarantee 100% only disappointment you’ve get so far.
3. Never Pop Pimples!
When you get acne and see your face in front of mirror, did you hear those little sound screaming to you “Pop The Pimples!” Don’t hear that no matter how tempting it might be.
By doing so you just put yourself in long-term adversities. It will leave you scar and remove scar leaving by your “pop the pimples” act could literally consume a lot of time and money.
4. Be Careful with The Side Effect of Acne Treatment Product
Be informed about your skin type and acne treatment product you use. Easiest way to do so is just visiting your doctor and ask him/her about possibility of acne treatment product you use could occur some side effect.
A few side effects that may occur are:
- allergic reaction
- respiratory tract irritation
- flaking of the skin
- inflammation of the skin
To avoid this you could natural acne treatment product that use herb as their main material. One ingredient you will consistently find in natural
acne treatment products is tea tree oil, because tea tree oil kills bacteria.
the point here is before you use anything do some research first
5. Want to Remove Your Acne Scar and Do it Quickly and Efficiently?
Then you should consider trying acne laser scar treatment. I’m not a doctor, so don’t ask me the procedure, you can just phone the free line number of close medical center and ask for more information.
What you should consider to use this option is because it is fast, no side effect (ask your physician for confirmation) and not much pain involved.
Useful Information, Tips and Tricks - Posted by : andrea suyoko 10:43 PM- Label: acne, information, skin-care, tips -
It is very hard to find an effective cure to treat cystic acne. Cystic acne is an advanced form of acne, hence early treatment of your skin condition is a must. The pimples in this case will give you so much pain as the swelling is bacteria-laden mixed with dead skin cells and white blood cells. Cystic acne affects not only the superficial skin but attacks the tissues within. This could lead to permanent damage to your skin in the form of scars. Acne is bad enough but carrying the scars that go with can really hurt your confidence in yourself.
There are numerous suggested cures to treat cystic acne although you ought not to wait for cysts to show before becoming concerned with the pimples on your face. You need to identify the level of your acne condition so that the appropriate remedy could be resorted. There are three identified stages of acne with the corresponding names for each form. Acne during the initial stage appears in the form of blackheads and whiteheads. It then graduates to what you refer to a pimples or zits. The final stage with the severest form is the cysts or nodules. This is the reason why you need to find a way to treat cystic acne.
1. According to some health experts, one highly advised medication on treating cystic acne is via oral antibiotics. Antibiotics attack the bacteria that are present in the cysts to reduce the inflammation within. You should purchase medicines such as doxycycline or tetracycline capsules or pills, among others.
2. Female contraceptives taken orally are likewise claimed to be helpful on treating cystic acne. The production of a high level of sebum triggers acne thus this over release of sebaceous fluids needs to be controlled by the contraceptives. The downside is that this treatment may be taken only when approved and under the supervision of your doctor.
3. A third option would be corticosteroid injections. The cysts are injected with steroids that are targeted to diminish the swelling after a few days. A skilled medical practitioner should be the one to perform this method as this is a delicate procedure. One of the benefits of this particular process to treat cystic acne is preventing the scarring as the cysts or nodules should dry up and disappear naturally.
4. The last 2 recommended remedies involve particular drugs – Accutane and Isotretinoin. The former is a drug to be taken orally for a period of at least 4 to 5 months on a daily basis. It is said to be quite efficient in preventing the incidence of scarring on your skin. However, it ha numerous side effects, which you should try to understand before buying this medicine.
5. The latter is actually a Vitamin A pill that addresses the main causes of acne like the development of clogged pores, production of excess oils, swelling of the skin and the presence of bacteria. Isotretinoin likewise has side effects especially of you are a pregnant.
The 5 discussed solutions can provide you with a cure to treat cystic acne.
Useful Information, Tips and Tricks - Posted by : andrea suyoko 10:14 PM- Label: acne, information, skin-care, tips -
At one point all of us have been trying to find ways on how to be completely acne-free. Here are some natural and not so natural acne treatments that are proven to be effective.
1. Witch Hazel Astringent
This astringent comes from the plant with the same name. It is widely spread from Nova Scotia in Canada down to Texas and Florida. Simply steam the twigs of this plant and voila! The extract you get from it serves as your astringent. Remember to cool it though. What’s good about this is that it occurs naturally and even the process it has undergone is all natural. You can be assured it is less harsh compared with commercially-produced astringents.
2. Commercially Produced Astringents
There is no doubt that astringents we can buy over-the-counter are also effective. There are lots of variants to choose from with additional ingredients that promote better skin. The only downside is it can be a little harsh because of the chemicals added to produce this formula. Use them with extra care as they can dry the skin.
3. All-Natural Treatments
Kitchen and acne are two enemies we may not be aware of. Scout your kitchen for stuff like oranges and lemons, fresh garlic and raw potatoes.
- Oranges and lemons just need to be squeezed on cotton balls. Apply the extract on affected areas and wash it after about 20 minutes.
- Fresh garlic is used much easier. Just remove its peeling and rub it on your face.
- As for raw potatoes, peel them and rub its flat surface on your face.
The natural extracts from these fruits and vegetables can help minimize the redness at the same time can clean the skin.
4. Oral Antibiotics
For severe cases, antibiotics are prescribed. These medications are orally taken to reduce the amount of bacteria inside and around skin follicles. They also decrease the exasperating chemicals that the white blood cells produce. Lastly, antibiotics diminish the concentration of the free fatty acids found in sebum, also creating an anti-inflammatory action. Consult your dermatologist for the right antibiotic and dosage.
Tetracycline is still the most commonly prescribed antibiotic for acne treatment. Most of this antibiotic should be taken on an empty stomach. Also, this shouldn’t be used by pregnant women and children under 9. Usually, the starting dose is initially 500 milligrams twice daily and is continuously taken until prescribed, or until a considerable dropping off of lesions is visible.
Erythromycin comes close second and can be prescribed to pregnant women. However, it can cause nausea and even upset stomach. Compared to tetracycline, which can only kill bacteria, Erythromycin has both anti-inflammatory and bacteria-killing properties. Also, this antibiotic needs to be taken in a food-filled tummy. You may discuss other possible antibiotics with your doctors regarding the effects and side-effects of each.
5. Topical Treatments
Externally applied creams are also proven effective for acne treatment. However, it results to drying and flaking but it is said to be the most effective treatment for severe acne. Benzoyl peroxide is one very common and effective topical acne treatment.
Useful Information, Tips and Tricks - Posted by : andrea suyoko 10:13 PM- Label: acne, information, skin-care, tips -